Indoor wireless is a new phenomenon on the European and operator domain, even though the technology deployed is far from new. To read more about this topic we recommend the following articles and publications, either from 3rd parties or Ulwimo herself. If you are interested please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org put in the subject line: White paper and the title of the paper you wish to receive.
- White paper Neutral Host by Infinigy
- White paper DAS technology by NextG
- Artikel facilitaire gebouw communicatie uit vastgoed Journaal
- Artikel indoor wireless voor ziekenhuizen uit FMT
- Specificaties generieke indoor wireless infrastructuur, Rijksgebouwen Dienst
- Inkoppel eisen SCL’s door vtsPN (Netherlands)
- Leitfaden Objektversorgung by BDBOS ( Germany)
You can download the following articles directly:
Mainports and private spectrum
Ulwimo has worked for the airport of Amsterdam and the Rotterdam port authority – the Dutch ‘mainports’- on private wireless developments and spectrum availability for wireless deployments at Mainports. Wireless networks are expected to play an increasing role in the automation of industries and process facilitation for verticals such as mainports, but equally manufacture, utilities, process industries, transportation etc. For such wireless networks at enterprises there are also so called ‘private’ wireless alternatives, deploying the full suite of 4 or 5G capabilities yet privately; enabled by the availability of private spectrum.
As in Holland the spectrum situation has taken a complex course; there has been ample debate on what spectrum to allocate for what usage. In order to ascertain adequate spectrum for the Mainports, Ulwimo wrote a white paper to articulate and defend the need for spectrum for the mainports (and verticals). The paper dives into the merits of private LTE and -5G, spectrum options, examples of realised projects internationally and the many intricate details related to using private wireless networks. Though initially intended to convince the policy makers, the attached version of it – rev 1.1. – has been released for general use.
Download the white paper here
Article private LTE/5G for Radio Resource International
In 2020 Ulwimo produced an article for its then client on private wireless networks and 5G developments. The article was published in the Radio Resource International magazine of sept. ’20. The article deals with the advance of private wireless networks, operator role models, spectrum issues and critical performance in relation to releases of standards. The article highlights the situation in the Netherlands - where early availability of private spectrum has led to significant market acceleration - and the situation in Belgium. The pdf of the article can be downloaded here.
White paper wireless facilitation for the health sector | EU edition
Care and Cure is one of the verticals where wireless networks play a significant role in facilitating health innovations. Thus, wireless service provider Cellnex ordered Ulwimo in 2021 to write a comprehensive white paper on the developments in health and the enabling role of wireless networks and -services in enhancing and optimising care and cure processes. The paper deals with IoT and smart building, with In Building Wireless, with private LTE/5G networks and looks at remote connectivity for telehealth. It takes the health processes as the starting point and then attributes wireless options to the many challenges health is facing. These challenges are underpinned with pan European statistics. The pdf of the article can be downloaded here.
White paper wireless facilitation for the health sector | NL edition
Care and Cure is one of the verticals where wireless networks play a significant role in facilitating health innovations. With the ‘zorg en ICT’ congress in 2021 as a concrete trigger, wireless service provider Cellnex ordered Ulwimo in 2021 to write a comprehensive white paper on the developments in health and the enabling role of wireless networks and -services in enhancing and optimising care and cure processes. The paper deals with IoT and smart building, with In Building Wireless, with private LTE/5G networks and looks at remote connectivity for telehealth. It takes the health processes as the starting point and then attributes wireless options to the many challenges health is facing. These challenges are underpinned with detailed statistics on the status of the health sector in the Netherlands. The pdf of the article can be downloaded here.
TCCA white paper on critcal verticals' mobile usage
TCCA is the international cupola under which all providers and users of critical mobile communication reside. The TCCA has a historical inclination towards Public Safety markets where originally Tetra was widely deployed for voice communication. Lately, their focus has shifted and broadened:
• Towards LTE as a replacement or addition to Tetra trunked voice systems and services. The users of Tetra are all developing a need for mobile data that Tetra cannot fulfil and in order to meet that requirement the critical communications world is looking at LTE, either as a complementary network or as a service from a provider to be provided with or on top of Tetra. Over time, the TCCA – and many others – foresees a hybrid coexistence of Tetra and LTE and a gradual phasing out of Tetra voice with voice over 4 and 5 G taking over.
• Towards enterprises and verticals such as airports, utilities, energy sectors and transportation where Tetra also plays a role and where the tendency to develop enterprise specific LTE services is eminent.
This change in focus and addition to the scope of narrowband voice solutions has led the TCCA to the publishing of a new white paper as attached. The white paper aims to develop or enhance two things predominantly:
1. An eco system of LTE or broadband services and solutions for their audience of critical communications users, both public safety and verticals. This entails amongst others the development and release of trunked features for critical mobile broadband, that the voice and Tetra world has already had at its disposal for decades.
2. The establishment of mobile broadband offering though either system suppliers or service providers for these niches and sectors. This is why the paper specifically addresses Mobile Operators or similar service providers, to embrace these niches more closely and develop offering for these verticals. The paper also addresses regulators as the establishment of these services is likely to require spectrum, shared or dedicated, for any new player that doesn’t yet have spectrum like a mobile operator does.
With the white paper, TCCA hopes and expects to put critical mobile broadband niches on the radar of regulators, suppliers and providers to an extent that tangible offering will develop with the inclusion of the required service levels and KPI’s that these niches require.
Ulwimo contributed to the white paper specifically for the aspects of businesses and verticals, due to its enterprise specific experience with the critical communications portfolio at the airport of Amsterdam. Due to our contribution, this white paper now balances both public safety and enterprise aspects. Meanwhile, this white paper has been presented at multiple international forums, such as the EU Spectrum Policy Group, the Spectrum Summit in Germany, enterprise venues in Holland and a private LTE seminar in the UK.
Also Ulwimo participates in ‘KMBG’, an initiative in Holland to unite the verticals that require critical mobile broadband, aggregate their demand and solicit offering. KMBG has been developed with the example of the French Agurre association of verticals in mind.
Download the white paper here
Artikel Bedrijfskritische mobiele communicatie over LTE
Met een artikel in het vakblad voor mobiele communicatie De Verbinding in 2017 heeft Ulwimo het hele speelveld van kritische mobiele communicatie voor sectoren en bedrijven beschreven, van spectrum opties tot nieuwe LTE features. De toepassingen raken havens, luchthavens, ziekenhuizen, de transportsector, nutsbedrijven, etc . Meer lezen…
Artikel netwerk sharing voor mobiele communicatie
Voor bedrijfskritische mobiele toepassingen dreigt spectrum schaarste en kunnen potentieel frequenties en netwerken gedeeld worden; artikel uit vakblad voor mobiele communicatie De Verbinding uit 2015. Lees meer…
Artikel facilitaire gebouw communicatie uit Facility Magazine door Ulwimo
In een artikel voor het Nederlandse facilitair weekblad heeft Ulwimo in 2013 een breed overzicht gegeven van de markt voor Indoor oplossingen voor mobiele communicatie. Het perspectief is dat van de gebouweigenaar of –beheerder. Meer lezen…
Artikel indoor wireless voor kantoren uit Office Magazine
In het Office Magazine van oktober 2011 is een breed artikel verschenen over het nut van- en de opties voor Indoor oplossingen voor met name kantoren. De toen genoemde opties gelden onverminderd. Meer lezen…
We also recommend the following links to 3rd parties